Name badges Material
At first glance, the selection of name tags does not seem to be a big task. In reality, however, there are many different criteria to consider, which play a more or less important role. Above all, the material of the name tag is one point that is particularly important. Besides plastic it is mainly metal (especially aluminium) and stainless steel that are becoming more and more popular. The reason for this is the many advantages that metal name tags offer.
Advantages of metal name badges
Basically, name badges produced in high quality are always a good choice - as an entrepreneur who wants to use the badges for professional purposes, you should definitely refrain from the many "cheap name badges", as they can neither compete in terms of quality nor design.
Name badges made of metal also have some additional advantages that other materials, such as plastic, only offer to a limited extent:
- Name badges made of stainless steel and metal are particularly high quality. A glance at the brushed aluminium makes a very good and professional impression - a must especially for customers and companies in the business sector.
- The hard material is very robust - even in rough environments they stand up to the toughest conditions.
- Nevertheless, you need not fear that the metal name badges are particularly heavy or unwieldy. The weight is hardly noticeable, so that the name tag is an uncomplicated companion even in the most stressful everyday working life.
- When it comes to design, there are many possibilities - especially the engraving of name tags is a method that is considered by many users to be particularly high-quality. However, the most effective method is still printing by professionals like brilliant badges ®.
Of course, these advantages do not reflect all the points that speak for it, and yet they show why metal name tags are a good choice in every case. This is especially true if you are active in one of the following industries and sectors.
For whom are metal name badges suitable?
Metal name badges are used in many industries and business areas - here it is mainly the look, feel and of course the "strength" of the material that shows where metal name badges are best suited:
- Name badges made of metal have a very noble look. This makes them an ideal companion, especially in the business sector. The high-quality material matches the business outfit perfectly and at the same time is discreetly restrained - provided that the colours are chosen to match, which is why the design in particular plays an equally important role.
- The robust material is a factor that is particularly important when the working environment is rough - on building sites, in factories or cold stores you need a name tag that can handle the toughest conditions without breaking. Name tags made of metal are perfect for this.
- At the same time, of course, metal name tags can be used wherever metal per se reflects part of the company's philosophy - so the metal or stainless steel name tag can be used to capture corporate identity, giving the overall appearance of the employees and the company itself an even more professional impression.
Which metal name tags are available from brilliant badges®?
Whether business look, construction, production or other companies - metal name tags always make a good impression. To equip your team with the right name tags, you need a professional partner who not only offers you the right products, but also takes over or supports the entire design process. At brilliant badges ® you will find, for example, the following metal name tags, which can also be printed directly if required:
- polar® alu-print: The attractive combination of aluminum and plastic makes the polar® alu-print name tag something very special.
- polar® alu-complete: Made entirely of aluminum, the polar® alu-complete name tag is the logical development of the alu-print.
- office alu-print: The office alu-print name tag is a classic and a real eye-catcher, especially because of its gold or silver (anodized) front panel.
All these name badges are made of metal (mostly aluminium) and processed accordingly to provide a high-quality and attractive look. You can find more information on the metal name tag range from brilliant badges® directly on the website - or talk to our experts about suitable options.
How does the information get onto the name tag - engraving or printing?
Once the right design has been found, the next step is of course to reproduce the information on the metal name tag. This includes, for example:
- The name of the wearer
- The job title or position
- The company name
- The company logo
A uniform design across all levels is particularly important, as this makes the company affiliation directly clear to viewers. At the same time, the perfect design is crucial to optimize readability. The following applies here:
- Choose the right size: Since many name tags from brilliant badges® are available in different sizes, the choice here is particularly important. Above all, the logo is a deciding factor here. Wide logos require a name tag that is around 30 mm to 35 mm high. For round logos, 20 mm to 25 mm is sufficient. Without logo, 15 mm is already sufficient.
- Align the text appropriately: Centering the text is usually the best choice. For long names or job titles, however, left or right alignment can also increase legibility.
- If you would like to order the metal name tag in colour, a solid colour is recommended - ideally one of the company colours.
The way in which this information is applied to the metal name tag varies greatly. In the past, there was only one possibility: the laborious engraving. However, this is not an efficient way, especially for large quantities, and can be very expensive. It is better to contact a company that uses so-called screen printing.
Screen printing is enormously versatile and allows not only printing on paper, plastic or textiles, but also on metal and stainless steel - the perfect way to produce name badges. Text and colour are applied to the name tag through a fine-mesh fabric.
Alternatively, digital printing is of course also available. For this, however, it is necessary that the information is printed on the name tag where paper was used (i.e. digital printing cannot be used on metal). If this is the case, digital printing is a very cost-effective (even for small quantities) printing technique to complete metal name tags with the information.
Metal name badges Design: Print it yourself - is this also possible with stainless steel and metal?
You would like to take the design of your metal name badges into your own hands? This is also possible with brilliant badges®. Simply choose a name tag that is made of metal, but where the information is printed on the part that is made of paper - this is the case with polar® alu-print and office alu-print name tags, for example.
To ensure that the name, logo and job title are correctly reproduced, you can download the corresponding print templates for name tags from the brilliant badges® website. At home or in the office, simply add the information on your PC and print it out using your own (colour) printer. It could hardly be simpler and, above all, cheaper.
You will find more name badges made of metal and other materials in the category "Standard name badges with magnetic attachment".
Stainless steel and metal name badges: the mounting options
Of course, the name tag is only perfect when it also holds securely to the clothing. Here you can of course choose the standard fastening by means of a pin, but this is not always the right solution, because:
- It "punctures" the work clothing, which is especially not welcome in the business sector.
- Name tags do not hold on to clothing one hundred percent securely - especially in stressful and hectic situations not the best choice.
- If the needle opens, there is a risk of injury - when dealing with people, for example with doctors and their patients, a safety risk that you should not take.
The patented smag® magnetic system
is the ideal alternative to a pin. It can be used with all name tags from brilliant badges®. The advantages of a magnetic attachment of this type are many and varied:
- smag® magnets provide a secure hold on any type of clothing - even on particularly thick and heavy fabrics.
- The patented system avoids twisting of the metal name tag.
- The magnet can be easily removed thanks to the easy-lift shape.
- Thanks to its symmetrical design, the magnet is low-radiation.
- The plastic housing is particularly skin-friendly.
- It is not necessary to pierce clothing.
All the disadvantages of the pin are turned into advantages with metal name tags with magnet. If you do not wish to make any compromises here either, the smag® magnetic system for name tags is the best choice.
Is there a difference between badges and name badges?
When choosing your new metal name tag you will certainly come across so-called badges - so the question is obvious: Is there a difference between badges and name tags?
The answer is relatively simple: Most of the time, one speaks of badges when the above-mentioned pin is used - name badges that are attached with a magnet are not included under the term badge.Name badges made of metal (mostly aluminium) or stainless steel are particularly noble and robust. Especially in the business area and in rough environments they are the ideal companion. Choosing an additional magnet as a mounting system will leave nothing to be desired. Just take a look at the brilliant badges® website to find your favourite or call the service team on +49 (0) 40 - 570 18 25 60 for advice.